Friday, September 5, 2008

Compositional Trick #4 - Extreme Angles


This extreme angle of ernie was taken at a lower level. I crouched down by his feet and tried to get as close as possible without cutting his head and the really cool shadows.

I like taking black and white pictures with shadows because it makes the picture alot more interesting, becasue of the blacks, whites, and different shades of gray. I really enjoy this picture because of the trees branches on the wall. It makes it look like he is relaxing on the tree without him really being on the tree (if that makes sence).

I could have improved by getting alittle lower and closer. I could have also cut from where the branches stopped, other than having that blank wall.

Using extreme angles gives the picture more emphasis.When you take a picture at eye level its not a interesting as taking it form a birds view or a worms view. I would choose this because it looks more firece.

No comments: