Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

This year has gone by so fast; this was my first and last year of taking digital photography. This web page will illustrate all of the work I have done since the beginning of senior year at Cesar Chavez High School. Overall I have entered over 31 artistic posts, from compositional tricks to my personal metaphor. I am very pleased with all the work I have accomplished in the past year. This website will show the creative and artistic side of me. As I look back at all of the work I have accomplished it is very difficult to choose one project I enjoyed doing the most. Everyday I had the best time; I looked forward to coming to class everyday, because I knew that I was going to learn something I didn’t know the day before. But if I had to choose I had a good time working on the surrealism project. I enjoyed this project because it came straight out of imagination or from a dream, it was really cool to put create your thoughts and dreams on paper. I have always only seen them in my mind. Although the surrealism was my favorite to create is was the most difficult, by putting all of my ideas on to paper. I could have improved by having more time to prepare for the project. My life, friends and dreams have influenced my work. Everything I know now about digital photography and Photoshop is all because of this class. If you look back at my first photo and my last you can see the change and technique in Photoshop skills.
August 4, 2008 was the first day I walking in to Ms. Cook’s digital photography class, and I am so glad that I did, I do not regret it one bit. Ms. Cook made this class so fun and interesting. She made me want to come into class everyday. Her sense of humor and personality was so refreshing; she was always in the best of moods. She is the best art teacher I have ever had. I came to class learned something new everyday and have fun along the way. Thank you Ms. Cook for all of your hard work, I couldn’t have had a better teacher. It is May 2009 the last days of my high school career and I am leaving with the skills and knowledge of taking an artistic photograph and work on Photoshop in the future.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Carina, your portfolio looks great! It has been fantastic having you in class, keeping your partner in check :). You create such beautiful art. I hope you keep doing it. You have a unique eye for this world, I have loved being able to see the world through your eyes. I look forward to seeing more amazing posts! (no pressure )